After such a discouraging 2007, it's only right that you take the opportunity to make 2008 an exciting and productive year. All you need is a little planning and forward momentum and this next week is the perfect time to do it.
Here are some suggestions for your calendar over the next week or so....
- Set your goals for the year (stay tuned for a blog post on this subject)
- Contact all your referral partners by phone and email to wish them a Happy New Year. Give an update on the current market. It's been a roller coaster, but remember to be be upbeat and positive.
- Have a planning lunch to say thanks for the past referrals and talk about what you can do together to make it a great year in 2008.
- Send a letter out to all your clients from 2007 with a copy of their Hud-1 for tax purposes. If you have purchased my Breaking the $40 Million Binder, a sample letter is in there.
- Organize and clean your office space. If you haven't done this for a while, you will be surprised at the energy it brings to you.
- Read a motivating book or listen to an on-line seminar. This has always been a key element in my business.
- Get together with your team for a brainstorming session. Discuss marketing, office procedures and customer service. Get all the ideas down on paper - even the ones that seem crazy. Then pick a few and start taking action on them immediately.
These are just a few ideas to get you moving towards a FANTASTIC 2008. Decide now that you will do at least 5 of these 7 items. Don't wait until tomorrow to get started.... your business depends on you to create the momentum. Now is the perfect time to do it.