You would think if something is a good idea and helps you stay sane, you would be diligent about consistently utilizing it. I'll blame it on human nature. The lazy gene. Something like that. All I know is that I've gotten out of the habit of carrying a small notebook and my life just isn't running as smoothly as possible.
In the past I have kept a small notebook handy at all times to capture things throughout the day. Personal and business things are jotted down - THE MINUTE I THINK OF THEM. This helps me to move on to the next task (or complete what I'm working on) without worrying about losing that thought.
Here are a few uses for a small notebook that can help your business:
- Name and address of someone you want to follow up with (not everyone carries business cards)
- Ideas for a blog post (if you have one) or a note to START a blog
- See or hear an interesting ad.... something you might want to modify for your business
- FSBO. Write down the address so you can send a letter introducing yourself.
- Flash of insight on one of your marketing strategies. I call inspiration.
- Name and number of Realtor your don't know after seeing their sign.... follow up and ask how their listing is going. See if you can help with an open house.
- Reminder of something you need to complete on a file. Your processor will love you.
- Any and all ideas to improve your business.
I am now re-dedicated to capturing the important stuff!