I knew I was getting in over my head when I looked at my summer schedule. Five trips/vacations and a move to a new state. So I let my blogging get pushed to the back burner. Feels weird though, after posting pretty much every workday for the past year and 3-5 times a week for the three years prior to that.
I've missed it. Would you be surprised to know that I like blogging more than I like packing? And unpacking.
We've all had times in our lives when there is more stress and yet, we have to keep moving forward. This is a great business we are in and so here are my thoughts on what to do when life throws you a curve-ball and you still have to produce loans.
- Prioritize. Easier said than done, but my favorite phrase is "What is the best use of my time RIGHT now?"
- Make sure the income-producing activities are getting done. You still need to bring in new loans and guarantee future paychecks.
- Let go. There may be things that just aren't important that are taking up your time. Even if these are things you love, let them go for a while until you have more time and things back under control.
- Work a bit longer. I'm a huge fan of getting more done in less time, but there are times when it really is in your best interest to get up an hour or two earlier or go in on the weekends to make sure things are getting accomplished.
- Take time for yourself. Don't let go of this one completely. Go to lunch with a friend. Go on a bike ride or hike. Eat expensive chocolate. (Trust me, I've done all of these recently and I am a happier person because of them)
Those are my random thoughts.... stay tuned for more as I've got another three weeks of traveling and moving. I'll try to throw in a few quality posts on actual marketing ideas here and there just to keep things interesting.