I recently finished reading The Seven Levels of Communication by Michael Maher. This book is written by a the "Top-referred Realtor in America" and hits the mark as it takes you from the "Ego Era to the Generosity Generation".
I first heard Michael Maher on a conference call and decided to use this book as a gift to my Realtors and coaching clients. Next month, it will be the book for my office book club and also for a Realtor book club I plan to start.
I almost always read a book through quickly the first time (I am a speed reader, but with terrible retention) then I go back and read it slowly, taking notes and highlighting. I am currently on Chapter 4 in this second-read, so I thought I would share just a few things from the first three chapters.
- The more you give, the more you get. Duh
- In the Generosity Generation, we can spend our time, energy, effort, and money on people we actually like and trust.
- Do it now! Build your sense of urgency
- Your business should be a vehicle for helping you live and leave a legacy.
- You have total control over your personal economy and your attitude. No more blaming someone else
- To be successful, you need to fail at a higher level (reminds me of Go for No)
- L.I.F.E LIFE stands for Learn, Implement, Fail, Evaluate
- Affirmations. "Each and every day, someone, somewhere in my city, needs my services. My job TODAY is to find that person."
- Personal notes.
The Seven Levels of Communication is great for your business, it is also a fantastic gift for your Realtors.