Here's a strategy I've been using with my coaching clients that aren't happy with their current pipeline.
Ask for referrals four times a day.
Every day. Every single, blessed day.
Even the days that don't feel blessed.
If you aren't currently doing this, here are some tips to making this a habit:
- Hold yourself accountable. Create a check-off sheet so you have to physically mark that you accomplished this.
- Strategically place a reminder. Sticky note on your desk phone or the corner of your computer.
- Ask your current clients when you have them on the phone
- Ask at closings. Perfect place to do it!!
- Ask your Realtors.
- Ask the UPS guy, your title rep, copy machine repair guy (he's been at office A LOT lately, and I wondered today if anyone has asked him if he wants to buy a house or refinance)
- At the end of the day if you haven't met your goal, PICK UP THE PHONE. Call four Realtors and say this: "Just calling to see how things are going. Is there anything I can do to help you or your clients?" Leave a message if you get voice mail.